After thirty, the youthful compliments don't come as often as they use to. The sad realities of aging, but I wouldn't change anything. No regrets.
I digress so the best compliment I have gotten for the year is...drum roll...
"Are you Child #3's sister?"
And this wasn't asked in any sarcastic tone either, but I do have to reveal that the question came from a cute five year old boy on Child #3's soccer team after our last game (Did I mention I am the assistant coach for the team?)
He made my day, but I had to let him down easy. "No sweetie, I'm her mommy."
Child #3 scored her first goal. Considering she is the youngest on the team, this is a huge deal. She might have been more proud of herself than us since she was jumping all around the field with a huge smile. We were so proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment