I've turned into everything I expressed greatly as a child I wouldn't become. Oddly, I'm okay with it. A lot of my view points as a kid came from watching Lifetime movies (Hey, I'm not the only one out there that had this experience). I knew I was never going to have children because I never wanted one to be kidnapped, raped or killed. Then I was never going to be an at home mom (considering I wasn't going to have children) so my husband could walk out on me leaving me with no money and children to take care of. With a little of influence from Working Girl, I was always going to work and make my own money. So the future entailed me getting a business degree (completed) and working my way through the corporate ladder (fourteen years experience in the business world completed).
As you all know, I ended up married to a man I could never replace and three beautiful children I just pray I won't screw up.
So the moral of the story is that you can never plan your life. You can make plans, but implementing the plan might not always come to fruition. I'm enjoying my little house on the lake and being the at home mom I never was going to be and happier than I ever been.
Now this doesn't mean I actually like doing housework (I despise it, but I would have to do it whether I worked or not) or homework with my kids (I feel the homework is not for the kids as much as it's for the parents) or volunteering at school (other children aren't my cup of tea) or grocery shopping (well there's more to the list, but I don't want to bore you), but I enjoy the freedom it gives me to enjoy life with my kids that I probably would've missed if I continued on the corporate ladder. Not to mention indulging in several hobbies I would've never dreamed of.
Here's to everything happens for a reason!
No comments:
Post a Comment