Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Unforeseen Talent

What is a four letter word that starts with an "S" and ends with a "T"?

On Saturday, Child #1 had team pictures before her basketball game. In order to prepare for the waiting around, I allow all three kids to bring their DS's (which I have to admit helps tremendously with keeping them out of trouble). I finally get everyone situated when all of a sudden Child #2 sneezes. I've never seen so much snot in my life just hanging half way down Child #2's face. I'm mean it was just suspended there. Really just hanging, too much to suck back in or just wipe with the good old sleeve. At least it was as clear as water and not that yellow or green color.

Now that I've grossed you out. Sorry, I digress. After my moment of awe, I realized I needed to help her. Of course, I start laughing, but I quickly herd her into the bathroom and get some toilet paper. Not one drop on the floor. Now that's talent. I'm not sure how many people saw the incident, but it would've been traumatic for the average bystander except for me I couldn't stop laughing. I didn't want to make Child #2 embarrassed so laughing was better than saying how gross it was. She thought it was funny after I got her all cleaned up. We had a good chuckle together. 

Some might say "Shit Happens" but sometimes "Snot Happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment