Monday, February 20, 2012

Unknown Bottle Contents

The funny thing about questions are you never know what you're going to get (like a box of chocolates). My favorite question starts out with "What was in that bottle of..." The surprising thing about this time it wasn't coming from my children, it was coming from my husband.

Stop. Rewind 10 years. When we bought our house, we were going to replace the front window with a nice bay window. Now that has turned into me just wanting any kind of window with crank outs. Since we all know the old saying "if it ain't broken, don't fix it," well that's my husband's favorite philosophy. While I've been waiting for the new window (don't mind my grey hair by the time the new window's installed), I haven't bought any new window treatments. I didn't want to spend any money until we got a new window. Logical, right?

Anyway, the house came with blinds and curtains, which have weathered a crazy dog and three rambunctious children.  The curtains were ripped out of the wall too many times to repair so we eliminated those last year.

Four days ago the pull string broke on one set of blinds.

Two days ago, the pull string broke on the other set of blinds. So I found cheap blinds at Walmart for $11 each (not bad for temporary blinds for another 10 years while I wait for a new window).

Now for instillation. How long will it be before the hubby hangs up the new ones (not too bad only two days). While I was playing taxi, the hubby was hanging the new blinds (he did a great job). We meet up at a basketball game and the infamous question is asked, "What was in the bottle of Windex under the sink?"

My first initial response would've been Windex, but I ponder the question for a moment. Before I can tell him, I break out laughing. I made a mixture of water and Oxiclean in an old bottle of Windex so I could get some stains out of the carpet (works great). The thought is what counts. He washed the outside and inside of the window with Oxiclean.

His response, "Well that makes sense. I kept spraying and scrubbing and I couldn't get the streaks off the window."

When we got home, the window was covered in a cloudy white film. The real bottle of Windex cleared it right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment