Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Paybacks a...

When I was working the normal 8 to 5 grind, it was extremely difficult to get all three children out the door by 7:15 am. Now you can image waking up three tired children all under the ages of six to feed, dress, pack and get into the car. You name it, I've done it. Begged, pleaded, threatened, yelled and maybe even pushed a little to get them going. Not to mention, I did this every morning by myself for six years.

On the flip side, my kids can get up leisurely now. Waking naturally and blissfully from their full night sleep. Considering the bus doesn't pick them up until 8:55am, they have all the time in the world. In a perfect world, you'd think there would be no temper tantrums, fits, whining, crying, yelling, fighting in or around our house. It should be all green meadows, daisy picking and sunshine filled mornings. Right? Well I hate to break the news to you all, there is no perfect world.

I would like to share this morning's last five minutes before the bus picked my kids up. This does not include any breakdowns within the house.

Child #1 yells (more like screams so the whole neighborhood can hear her) at Child #2.
Child #2 starts crying.
Child #2 hauls off and kicks Child #1 (my kids play soccer) in the shin. (It was a good kick).
Child #1 starts crying.
At this time, I've not said a word. I'm just minding my own business on the porch.
Child #1 hauls off and kicks Child #2 (Good force behind that one).
Now both are crying and yelling at each other.
I tell them they are both grounded tonight. Banned from technology.
Suddenly, they're both coming toward me yelling at me on how I should've handled the situation. The volume on both children hasn't changed from their outside voices. And I find myself in the middle of a war zone. Sucked in by an eight and seven year old.
Meanwhile Child #3 is innocently waiting for the bus at the end of the driveway.
The bus comes and the neighborhood is peaceful again.

Well, I hope my neighbors were entertained. I enjoyed the part when they got on the bus to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment