I know that running is self inflicted pain (the hubby constantly reminds me about this and he can't understand why I do it), but I continue to train for this half marathon. I now know that after ten miles it is all pain. There is no runners high, no in the zone, just plain pain for me. In the attempt to make it to 12 miles today, I fell short at 11.5 miles. Not bad, but I did have to stop at a gas station to get a cup of water and I ran out of steam going up a huge hill on the 11th mile. So my time wasn't exactly great. At the 11th mile, I actually contemplated whether there would be a chance to get an epidural while running (my favorite drug in world). Rationally I know this is impossible, but it crept into my mind none the less.
I'm trying not to complain about the weather, but man does it have to be 80 degrees. Not exactly prime temp for running a lot of miles. I planned the half marathon in April assuming the temps would be in the 50s (my favorite temp to run in). I actually avoid any races in the summer unless it is a triathlon (obviously because I get to swim).
Now I will have to rest my poor skin and bones for the rest of the afternoon until it is time to pick up the girls for their dentist appointments. Well at least it's not my dentist appointment.
Have a great day and enjoy the weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment