Monday, March 26, 2012

Oil vs Soap

Why is it when I get some kind of oily stain (bacon grease splatter, oil splatter, melted butter drip, sauce spillage) on my clothing it has to be a newer piece of clothing?

Usually I'm able to get these kind of stains out by rubbing dish soap into the stain before washing the piece of clothing (the soap usually has to be applied right away). Occasionally, one will slip by me and I wash before applying the special dish soap trick. With my luck, it ends up being a new shirt with the stain in an extremely obvious spot. Yes you guessed it. Just above my right breast. On the positive side, it was only the size of a penny.

My options are:

Option 1: Throw the piece of clothing out.
Option 2: Try washing it again.
Option 3: Wear the shirt and pretend the stain happened that day and you haven't been home to change. 

Yeah I went with Option 3. Why let a new shirt go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment