Friday, March 16, 2012

Running my Skin Off

I've actually never ran more than 8 miles before. Training for a half marathon has been interesting. I have to make it to 12 miles before the race in April. Since the weather has warmed up to highs of 70's this week, I was excited to venture on to my 10 mile run. I pulled out the shorts and baseball cap, a big change from the running pants, fleece, headband for my ears, and gloves. By the tenth mile, I'm feeling the pain in my feet. The blisters are forming on the inside of the ball of each foot, but I push on. Not until I get home do I realize how bad my shorts were rubbing against my inner thigh on one leg. Funny how the endorphins kick in and the pain doesn't show up until afterwards. I thought no big deal, I have a little chaffing going on until I take a look at all the chaffing going on. I had on the inside of both my arms where my shirt was rubbing against my skin, but the worst was on my one leg.

By the next day, my leg was scabbing over. My shorts had literally scrapped off the top layer of my skin. I couldn't even wear jeans. I had to wear soft material pants all day.

Note to self: No pain. No gain. That is after 10 miles.

I will be switching to new shorts for my 11 mile run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment