Friday, March 16, 2012

Dream Analysis

Everywhere is dark. My heart is beating so rapidly I'm disorientated. Realizing I'm in a room, but panic starts to set in. I don't know where I am, what day it is or what time it is?

Have you ever woken from a dream and felt like this?

Last night, I was startled awake during a battle in Scotland back in the 1700's where men still wore kilts on a daily basis and I was full of blood and danger was after me. Not sure if the blood was mine or someone else's, but I ached all over, muscles, bones even the hair on the top of my head. The deep seeded feeling of death lingered in the room as I realized I was still in the 21st century in my cozy bedroom at 2:00 am in the morning. Relieved, I still had access to a washer and dryer because I never want to have to do laundry by hand without running water.

Okay so this dream was brought on by a book I just finished that took place during the 1700's in Scotland that involved time travel (I really enjoyed the book). Definitely a lot of action in packed fighting that went on. Now the soreness comes from running ten miles the day before (part of my training for my half marathon I'm running in April). And the blood, well...(Warning: All men skip to the next paragraph)...that's just the regular unwanted friend who decides to visit every month. My dreams tend to become more vivid during this kind of visitation.

It always amazes me how real dreams can feel. The impact stays with me for several days afterward. Weird how our brains can play tricks on reality.

Well enjoy the good weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment