Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bike Shorts

After taking out my brand new road bike last week, I came to the conclusion that I really need to buy a pair of bike shorts. Evidently, the seats on the road bikes aren’t very comfortable and the shocks that are on hybrid bikes are definitely there for a reason (I felt every crack and divot in the road and you know how Wisconsin roads fair after a rough winter, well my ass didn’t fair to well either), but I can really go fast on the road bike.

Of course, I digress. If you’re unfamiliar with what bike shorts are, let me explain, basically they are a pair of Lycra shorts with a pad in the, you know what. So I go to the store in search of these so called shorts. HOLY COW! Bike shorts are really expensive, $75 for a measly pair of shorts. Call the cops, its highway robbery. So I start shopping around, the best I could find was $60. At least my ass will be happy now. Yippy, I get to try them out on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. If you go to a small bike shop they can sometimes get "last season" shorts for less. I think I got mine for $45 or $50. Good luck, happy riding.

    ReplyDelete