Monday, April 20, 2009

Two Choices

My alarm clock is strategically placed across the room so I have to get up and turn it off. Plus I have it set really loud with a radio station that emphasizes heavy metal music. On most days, this seems to get my butt out of bed, but I hit snooze this morning and lay back down. In my half conscious, half unconscious state, I hear my youngest two giggling and moving around in their bedroom (great their up early). As I am drifting in and out, I am waiting for the alarm to go off again so I open one eye to view the clock and realize it is not 5:45 am, but 6:45 am. OH SHIT! I turned the alarm off rather than hitting snooze.

I have two choices here. I can go without make-up or go without doing my hair. It’s a given, the girls will be eating in the car (thank God for pop tarts and granola bars) and taking juice boxes to their morning destinations (just in case you were wondering whether or not I feed them in the morning).

Choice 1
Waking up with the hair I went to bed with is a pretty scary sight (trust me). I don’t do this too often (Okay you got me, I do but I usually pile it all top of my head. I am living on the edge leaving it down), but I knew it was raining out and the rain actually calms the frizz down. The curls get tighter and the frizz smoothes out. This is weird since most people have the opposite effect. If I straighten my hair (which never happens unless I am getting my hair styled at the salon), then I would have frizz everywhere. (I know it crossed your mind, so stop turning your nose up at me. Haven’t you ever heard you’re not supposed to take a shower every day? It’s bad for your skin and hair. Let your natural oils free!)

Choice 2
On the other hand, I literally hate make-up, but I have become addicted to the bareMinerals make-up line so I can’t bare (heehee) to go with out it. I don’t ware eye make-up just the powder. It is amazing how much better my skin looks. And it’s not cakey like most foundations. I think its one of those “I’m getting older so I need to do something” phases.

Anyway.

Which choice would you go with?

I went with wearing the make-up. I figure when I am at work I can put my hair up if it is really bad. Since it is not Halloween, I didn’t want to scare anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment