The pressure hits, my eyes flip open. The silence is complete throughout the house. Not even the sound of the furnace pushing heat through the vents is present. I'm afraid to move. I don't want to feel the ache. The debate begins.
Do I try to get up to relieve the pressure and risk waking the kids?
Or do I try to go back to sleep by pretending the pressure doesn't exist?
The silence is wonderful and I want to savor it, but pressure calls. Softly, my foot steps pad over to the bathroom. The plan was to make it quick, get in, get out. Of course my muscles have been holding in the pressure so long, they won't let go. I need to hurry up and the pressure to release the pressure is not helping. My children tend to have a six sense when I'm up. Trying not even to breath hard, I try to imagine the water trickling out of the faucet. Initially this helps, but the flow of the stream feels to be a trickle, not helping my urgency to finish up and get back to my warm bed. My muscles are refusing to release the stream so I lean forward trying to help the flow.
All in all, this all ends up taking five minutes. It must've been some world record for the longest pee (I'll have to look that up). Tip-toeing it back to my bed, I'm all snuggled back into the warmth when I hear the first sounds of movement. Mission not complete. Frankly, I wasn't even all that satisfied from the relief of the pressure because my muscles were still so tense.
I guess the moral of the story is don't drink so much water before going to bed.
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment