I love oxymoron's. Oooh that might explain too much. Back to being serious...
The key to life, obviously my opinion (oh yeah, this whole blog is about my opinion-very narcissistic of myself), is finding serenity. I have to chuckle because this topic always takes me back to the movie "City Slickers" when Billy Crystal is obsessed with finding the one thing (imagine him holding up his leather gloved index finger). Okay now back on track...
Serenity, for me, is finding the calm within. I'm not a holier than thou, meditating guru freak (I don't have anything against meditating or anything along those lines, again only my opinion), eat only wheat grass to cleanse the body type of person, but I believe I've found that one serenity moment for myself. It doesn't happen very often. In actuality, there have been years between moments, but today I actually experienced one.
It's always been when I'm hiking. I find my self surrounded by trees and nothing else. Even if it is cold out, the trees comfort me with warmth. The quiet sets in, but suddenly there is a gust of wind. Nothing you can feel, just hear. The wind sways the trees above, sounding like music, swirling in a noticeable pattern. Every gust is a musical note, drawing my attention upward, basking in the calmness that stills my body. My eyes slowly close to the quietness that supports me, the wind creates a vacuum, sucking away the craziness of life, and restoring the peace in my soul. Even if it's only just for one second, the calmness allows an awareness of my spirit to guide me to a simple happiness deep within.
Okay go ahead and shake it off.
This is my story and I'm sticking to it. Maybe if everyone found their inner peace, we would be much more happy as a collective whole.
Go out and find your inner peace. Searching for it, could be fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment